How do you use SQLiteStudio?

Can't fit to any of above? Send here.

How do you use SQLiteStudio?

Postby Googie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi,

I'd like to hear from you how do you use SQLiteStudio? What's the purpose? Home or work? How often do you use it?
What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Please leave your comments. Thanks!
Googie
Site Admin

Re: How do you use SQLiteStudio?

Postby Artur » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Googie wrote:What's the purpose? Home or work?

I use SQLiteStudio more for my personal use. I maintain the databases for my sites with it or manage tables for some private things.

Googie wrote:How often do you use it?

Depends on the fact that I need to do something with related to SQLite, but it's the only SQLite program I use.

Googie wrote:What do you like about it?

■ SQLiteStudio still supports SQLite (2) (because my host currently doesn't have php 5.3).
■ It's like SQLite - simple and a single file executable.
■ It gets better from version to version.
■ It's still in active development.
■ Most of the other tools around aren't getting updated anymore or are commercial programs.

Googie wrote:What do you dislike about it?

■ Easy file access is not possible. You always need to add a database to the list first.
■ (Currently) No grouping of databases; it's getting a mess if you have a lot; which I do :lol:.
■ The actual application window size isn't stored right. In many occurrences it will always reset to max view. Also changing window sizes always results in some strange fragments which disappear after some seconds (I guess that is because of the redrawing of the app window).
Let's go the easy way and choose SQLite!
Artur

Postby Silvio Grosso » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 am

Hi,

I use SqliteStudio both at home and work.
I have tried it both on Windows (Windows xp and Windows 7) and Linux (Ubuntu Maverick).
THANKS a lot indeed for releasing it!

> What do you like about it?
I think SqliteStudio is really powerful and reliable. For instance, it is super easy to add a new shortcut.
The feature I like the most is that it is portable on Windows (NO need to have any privilege as administrator to install it).
On top of it, it is really useful to have a software which run on many platforms (e.g. Windows and Linux).

Another great thing about SqliteStudio is its active development (most bugs are taken care of very fast).

> What do you dislike about it?

It is difficult to point out something negative about SqliteStudio :-)

Comparing SqliteStudio to another open source Software which I use a lot for my work (SpatiaLite: http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/) the feature I miss the most is the option to easily import into SqliteStudio a text file (such as .csv format or .dbf format).
With SpatiaLite it is really straightforward (there is a nice GUI to doing so). You can even import .xls files (Microsoft Excel).
Needless to say, I have read these options are already included in the SqliteStudio's roadmap: I just need to wait and see :-)

Best regards (and keep rocking!)

Silvio
Silvio Grosso

Postby BeAr » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 am

Googie wrote:how do you use SQLiteStudio? [...] Home or work?

SQLite is my main database interchange format for home use. I've been using several SQLite tools over the years. At the moment, SQLiteStudio is my favorite. :)

Googie wrote:How often do you use it?

About twice or trice a week, I guess.

Googie wrote:What do you like about it?

Single file portable program, good charset support (UTF-8), easy SQL execution and data export to CSV and XML. And of course: It is open source freeware. :D

Googie wrote:Please leave your comments.

Already a great program!! But I'm sure, future improvements will often prove useful for my usage scenarios. What I'd like to see, is an option for optionally(!) limiting the quick filtering to the currently selected column. (At the moment, filtering works globally across all columns of a table/view.) Although the column-specific filter can easily be replaced by an SQL query, an additional filter button would provide quicker access in many circumstances. And I'd really would like spanning SQL queries over multiple databases opened inside SQLiteStudio. (Union queries to create temporarily combined database views.) IMHO, this isn't supported at the moment, is it?

Best wishes for the author as well as the future of this great program!
BeAr
BeAr

Postby forbbs » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 pm

SQLiteStudio is a great program,thanks your hard work!

I'd like to hear from you how do you use SQLiteStudio?What's the purpose?

convert sqlite2 to sqlite3,export & import table.
Home or work?

Home.
How often do you use it?

When there is a need.
What do you like about it?

1.support sqlite2.
2.importing and exporting tables support codepage,very useful!
3.UI is cool.
forbbs

Postby code19 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:25 pm

I'd like to hear from you how do you use SQLiteStudio?

since i decided to develope with SQLite is SQLiteStudio my companion.
I create databases or tables, edit add/delete rows, try new sqlite statments

What's the purpose? Home or work?

I develope open source projects as a hobby and my database choice is SQLite

How often do you use it?

every day :D

What do you like about it?

Almost every corner of it

Thanks a lot for your great program
code19

Postby DonaC » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 am

I like everything about SQLiteStudio, I think it's a terrific tool that works wonderful.
Thank you all for the good work, handling this tool and using it properly gets easier and easier from day to day.

Postby ruland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 am

I only just found this great tool, and I'll certainly use it a lot.

Until recently I was using MS Access for my various databases (home use), but I now updated to the latest Office version and don't have Access anymore. So I converted all databases to Sqlite, but was desperately looking for a good front-end. I was not satisfied with the other free tools (SQLite Database Browser, SQLite Admin, SQLiteSpy), so I began to write my own solution, using Visual C#. But now, having found SQLite Studio, I can finally stop searching :)

So, thanks for creating this!
ruland

Postby SwissBIT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi all

Since the SQLite Manager AddOn import-function is defect with Mozilla Firefox 20.0, I use YOUR program for the Mozilla Firefox DBs, especially for the permissions.sqlite, which is also for the cookie-permissions. With your prog, I can export and import the cookie-permissions very easy - this is important for me, when I make a new Firefox profile (for example).

Googie, I thank you VERY much for your really GREAT work!!

Many greetings from Switzerland!
SwissBIT
SwissBIT

Postby kellemes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 am

Googie wrote:Hi,

I'd like to hear from you how do you use SQLiteStudio? What's the purpose? Home or work? How often do you use it?
What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Please leave your comments. Thanks!

I use it for my own personal projects..
I mostly develop on 64-bit Linux using Lazarus (Free Pascal).
I don't dislike anything about it.. it works just fine.
A feature I'd like to see is being able to create ERD's.
kellemes

Next

Return to Chat